These instructions are for setting up a new account in iOS:
You can check your email on the go! It’s simple to use the iPhone’s built in email app to view your email with us. Please follow these instructions to set up your email address on an iPhone. If you don't want to use the built in Mail app, we suggest checking out Canary Mail at https://canarymail.io
If you are having problems with the Mail app connecting to our server, it's possible you need to delete the email account out of the phone and set it back up (only if it's setup as IMAP!). It seems to happen from time to time with iPhones. (see bottom of article on how to delete an email account)
Setup Instructions (for using the Mail app):
- Go to your iPhone Settings
- Scroll down and then Tap “Mail”
(On iOS 13 and older, tap Passwords and Accounts)
- Then tap “Accounts”
- Tap Add Account
We have a video that takes you from this point on if you would like to view it!Click here for the video
If you aren't interested in the video, please keep reading...
- Tap Other
- Tap Add Mail Account
- Put in your name, full email address (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, etc.), email address password, and a description if needed.
- On the next screen, Choose the IMAP tab (only choose POP if you want to download all messages to your phone and delete them from the server. See this article for the difference.).
- Fill this in for the settings:
INCOMING MAIL SERVER
- Under Incoming Mail Server, enter email.iljmail.com for the Host Name.
- Enter your full email address for the User Name (such as email@example.com).
- Enter your email address password.
OUTGOING MAIL SERVER
- Under Outgoing Mail Server, enter smtp.iljmail.com for the Host Name.
Note: The username and password fields may say “optional” but you still need to fill them in.
- Enter your full ILJ Mail email address for the User Name (such as firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Enter your email address password
Here’s a screenshot of what that looks like (it doesn’t show the password in the screenshot but you do have to fill that in)
- Tap Next.
- It will verify your information.
- Tap Save.
- Congratulations, if you have entered your details correctly, your account has been added!
- You should now see your new account in your email app when you view mailboxes.
If you forgot to set the outgoing (SMTP) server settings when you first set this up and you need to get back to those settings, click on the Settings icon, go to Mail, Accounts, tap your ILJ email account, tap your email address, then scroll down to where it says "Outgoing Mail Server" and tap the SMTP area. You can edit it there.
Here's how to delete the email account out of your phone if needed:
To delete the email account out of your iphone do this:
- Tap Settings
- Scroll down and tap Mail
- Tap Accounts
- Tap your email account that you have with us
- Tap the red "Delete Account"
- Confirm and it will take you back to the Accounts list.