If you are moving from another email service, you might want to find an easy way to bring all your contacts over to ILJ Mail. We can’t cover the process for every email program here but we can show you how to IMPORT your contacts if you can get them exported from the other service into a .csv format.
Importing Contacts into ILJ Mail Webmail
- Sign into your ILJ Mail webmail at https://webmail.iljmail.com
- Choose Address Book/Contacts
- Choose Import
- Click the Browse button and choose the file you want to upload. (please note extra step to do before this for Yahoo users below)
When you choose your file, then click Import and it will import these contacts into your address book.
If you need to export your contacts from webmail at ILJ Mail, just choose Export above your contacts and save the file to your computer. Then you can import it to the other provider.
Exporting Contacts from other providers to use with ILJ Mail
Here are a few widely used services that you might want to export contacts from:
- Sign into your email account at https://outlook.live.com
- Click on the People icon on the left menu pane.
- Click on “Manage” in the upper right and choose “Export Contacts”
- Choose All Contacts and save the file.
- Sign into your email account at https://gmail.com
- Click on the Google Apps icon (looks like a block of dots) and choose “Contacts” from that list. It should open in a new window.
- On the left menu pane, choose “Export”
- Choose “Outlook CSV”
- Click Export and save the file to your computer.
- Sign into your email account at https://mail.yahoo.com
- Click on the little contact icon in the upper right.
- Chose the three dots to bring up the menu.
- Choose Export to CSV File.
- Save to your computer.
Important Note for Yahoo Users!
Yahoo sets their contacts up slightly different than the other two. You must edit the downloaded spreadsheet before it will work with our webmail import. The column that lists email address MUST say “E-mail Address” at the top instead of “Email 1”. It’s very important that this column is labeled correctly or our system will not recognize the email addresses and all your contacts will import with no email addresses.
Here’s what the file looks like when opened from the download:
Here’s what it should look like before you try to import it. (I highlighted the area that needs changed)
It needs to say EXACTLY this: E-mail Address
If there is an email address in the Email 2 column, you need to change the title of that column to exactly this: E-mail 2 Address
and so on for any additional email addresses for each contact.
Save that file (don’t change the file type). Then follow the instructions at the top of this page to import into webmail.
Other Email Exports:
Every email provider seems to have a different export set up. However, they tend to be very similar when you export the spreadsheet file. One thing to remember about importing your exported file into our webmail is to make sure that the column titles are capitalized. For example, a column with "First name" will not import but if you change it to "First Name", it will. If you need help with getting a contact file imported, just let us know through the contact form and we will be happy to help you troubleshoot!